Sing and Sign baby signing classes in... Bath & Trowbridge
Hello and welcome to the Bath and Trowbridge and Bradford-on-Avon pages!
Welcome - I am Raych Carbery - the franchise holder and teacher for the Bath and Trowbridge area, I usually run classes in Bath and Bradford-on-Avon.
****COVID-19 can't stop the fun -- Sing and Sign goes online with our @ HOME courses****
Course dates - Mon 13th April - Sun 21st June
- Lessons are pre-recorded and last 30min - access via a password protected website
- Watch anytime that suits, as often as you like each week - stream to phone, tablet or smart TV
- 10 different themes to gradually build your signing vocabulary - just as we would face-to-face
- Watch with your little one, any siblings, pets and partners - get all the family involved!
- Online resources to help you understand more about babysigning
- Live recap sessions via Zoom
Book via the links above or "Book Now" button
E-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
My Sing and Sign story:
I first met a signing baby when as a teacher a colleague's child came into school, aged 18 months and told me my tea was 'hot', amazing! I have attended and taught in Sing and Sign classes in this area for most of the past 8 years, and truly believe that signing with your children is the most rewarding experience of early parenthood. My two boys both signed extensively, they still show an interest in the signs I use when I'm with younger children and we still sing some of the songs! (bedtime most often!)
Want to 'Try before you buy'? If you can't make a FREE TASTER (or there are none planned) - please fill in an enquiry form, call me or drop me a message.
If you are interested in finding out more about the way we have loads of fun while learning about signing with babies and toddlers, please contact me and I will do my best to help you find a class that suits you!
Summer 2020 Confirmed dates 22nd April - 10th July - go to BOOK NOW for exact dates/times
Bath, 3 current venues plus Bradford-on-Avon
Please go to VENUE's pages for more information about WHERE and WHEN?
A term is generally 10 weeks of classes over a 11/12/13 week period (Babes courses sometimes shorter):
- Classes are relaxed and good fun. We keep the classes small so that both you and your baby can enjoy the social aspect
- Classes are approx 1 hour long, which includes 10-15 minutes of social time for parents to chat and toys for the children to explore.
- As a general rule, Babes is for pre-crawling babies who are under 6 months are the start of term. Stage 1 is for babies approximately 5-7 months and under 14months at the start of term. Stage 2 is for those who have attended at least 2 terms of stage 1 or who will be 14+ months at the start of the term.
- Jessie cat, the music and props will keep your baby entertained during the class, however they are welcome to roam about in class, as they will enjoy exploring and interacting with other babies whilst you learn the signs.
- We learn the signs through easy to learn action songs.
Sing and Sign Babes (youngest babies): These classes are for babies under 6 months (who are not yet crawling). The classes are a gentle introduction to a few basic signs, but the focus is on bonding with your baby. These classes have been designed to set the foundations for good communication skills, focusing on gesture, eye contact, facial expression, touch and attention. New families are welcome to join at any time, we recommend waiting until your little one is about 2months old to get the best out of these classes.
Stage 1 (babies ages roughly 6-13months): The classes are great fun and ideal if you have little or no signing experience. The baby classes cover basic routines as well as signs to do with babies’ interests such as animals, vehicles, toys etc. Many families return for a second term of Stage 1 to allow the babies to become fully comfortable with our class routines.
Stage 2 (toddlers roughly 14-24months): Many families are by now experienced signers (both parents and children!), although your little one's development should lead the choice of class. These classes cover colours, the weather, simple counting and we even have a great song for potty training. Also you’ll be able to learn the phonetic alphabet.
If your child is old enough to attend the Stage 2 toddler class but you haven’t done any signing please do get in touch with me as it is likely to be best your little one goes in at Stage 2 - I can advise how to get up to speed with your signing.
TWINS/multiples: we offer buy one, get one free - MANY twins families have benefited from signing with their little ones!
FOR LIVE AVAILABILITY CLICK BOOK NOW
(no obligation to book)
As Of SUMMER 2020
MONDAYS at Salvation Army Bath Citadel
Stage 2 10am, Stage 1 11am, Stage 1 class at 12pm - numbers allowing
TUESDAYS at All Saint's Centre in Weston, Bath BA1 4BX
Stage 1 10am, Stage 2 11am
WEDNESDAYS at Wiltshire Music Centre Ashley Road, Bradford-on-Avon BA15 1DZ
Stage 2 10am, Stage 1 11am, Babes 12pm
FRIDAYS at New Oriel Hall in Larkhall, Bath BA1 6RA
Stage 1 10am, Stage 2 11.15am, Babes 12.30pm
Day Time Stage Location Monday AM Stage 1 & 2 Salvation Army Bath Citadel Monday PM Stage 1 Salvation Army Bath Citadel Tuesday AM Stage 1 & 2 All Saints Centre Friday PM Babes New Oriel Hall Wednesday AM Stage 1 & 2 Wiltshire Music Centre Ashley Rd Bradford-on-Avon Wednesday PM Babes Wiltshire Music Centre Ashley Rd Bradford-on-Avon Friday AM Stage 1 & 2 New Oriel Hall
Nursery Affiliation Programme<img src="/images/upload/681_first steps logo.jpg"><br />
Babysigning is an invaluable tool to use with children and it offers many benefits and rewards, for children and staff alike.
Our Sing and Sign Nursery Affiliation Programme is effective, efficient, good value for money and highly regarded by the nurseries that have received it across the country
Current Nurseries Affiliated to Sing and Sign via the Bath & Trowbridge Franchise:
First Steps Bath:
Please do contact me if you'd like to include your Nursery Setting in the Sing and Sign Nursery Affiliation Programme. I'd be more than happy to talk more about when and how we can start our journey in partnership - and you, your staff, your parents and most importantly, the children entrusted to you will reap the benefits the early pre-verbal communication brings.
Do not hesitate to contact me through the "Make an Enquiry "button on the right of this page, please.